Smarter Sourcing = Better margins
With Navigator, Smart sourcing does not simply mean sourcing cheaper. Of what use are your cheapest sourced goods if your seasonís deliveries arrive past the season or if the colourways differ from the specifications or inferior quality and wrong presentation & packaging is being delivered. In the worst-case, suppliers dumping jobs because of more lucrative contracts is not unheard of in the industry.
A sweet story soon turns bitter and the bottom line simply is not the loss in monitory terms. The long-term effect is your business going elsewhere and the loss of reputation.
Smart Sourcing practiced by Navigator is a multi faceted operation resulting from years of experience dealing with the supplier base. Our view of Smarter Sourcing takes into consideration amongst many parameters,
This sourcing formula has resulted in an optimum package in terms of price and other criteria that we can offer to our clients.
- Understanding the right supplier for the product type based on a clear knowledge of facilities available.
- The past delivery history of the supplier.
- Promises made to clients and adherence to them.
- Consistency of quality achieved in past jobs.
- Facilities available for short runs if need arises.
- Levels of skills available with key staff.
- Negotiating the right price from past dealings with short listed suppliers and a working of costing by our merchandisers.
Smart Sourcing means Better Margins to our Clients.